FRIEND CCI: 2nd Open Call for project proposals dedicated to SMEs
The FRIEND CCI project offers financial support to SMEs in the form of grants, directed to the development and implementation of cross-sectoral projects aimed to bring innovation both at the level of products and at the level of processes/ technologies, with a specific eye on the needs linked to the twin transition.
The project FRIEND CCI aims at contributing to an improved resilience of the European Industrial Ecosystem of Creative and Cultural Industries (CCI) and to its green and digital transformation, by supporting the SMEs by offering them financial support in the form of grants, directed to the development and implementation of cross-sectoral projects aimed to bring innovation both at the level of products and at the level of processes/ technologies, with a specific eye on the needs linked to the twin transition. To this end, the support will entail mandatory training and upskilling/ reskilling activities, according to the specific needs of SMEs, and including skills needed for the green and digital transition. Also, as part of the support, SMEs will be asked to include activities to go international, based on their level of readiness.
The 2nd call aims at supporting SMEs in:
- Developing and implementing cross-sectoral projects aimed to bring innovation at the level of products and/or at the level of processes/ technologies, with a specific focus on the needs linked to the twin transition;
- Fostering cross-fertilization and innovation between SMEs of different ecosystems;
- Go international, to boost access to global supply and value chains.
The support will entail mandatory training and upskilling/ reskilling activities, according to the specific needs of SMEs, and including skills needed for the green and digital transition. Also, as part of the support, SMEs will be asked to include activities to go international, based on their level of readiness to internationalise.
The call for proposals gives the possibility to choose at least one between two mandatory objectives. Applicant consortiums must aim at submitting joint projects that target at least one, or both mandatory objectives:
- Introduce or enhance product innovations;
- Adopt processes and technologies to reinforce transformation into a greener and more digital economy.
Further eligibility criteria are available in page 7 of the FriendCCI Call for SMEs - Full text call
Providers selection and eligible services
Applicant consortium will have as mandatory requirement to include in their project budget the financial provisions for at least one service from an external service provider. The service(s) should focus on one of the following topics: Digital transition, Green Transition, Internationalization.
FRIEND CCI has launched in March 2023 a call for manifestation of interests for services providers with the aim of furnishing SMEs a list of recommended providers, as highly respecting standards companies that have manifested their interests in supporting SMEs in three required topics.
Submission & evaluation process
How to apply:
Submit your proposal in the form at the end of this text on the Cluster Submission Platform, by registering and filling in the required fields in 3 steps:
Step 1: APPLICANT INFORMATION. Please complete the fields with your business information;
Step 2: PROJECT INFORMATION. Please complete the fields with project information;
Step 3: ANNEXES. In this step it is required to upload the mandatory annexes in the requested format.
The evaluation process is described in detail from p.13 of the call.
Communication of results:
After the evaluation period, which is tentatively foreseen to last until end of January 2024, FRIEND CCI Eurocluster will inform each applicant consortium about their obtained score and evaluation results. The list of winners will be published on the Cluster Submission Platform with the respective score, as well as disseminated via other channels. Winners will be notified by email, for this reason applicants should be sure to insert in the application emails that are checked frequently.
- Friend CCI Call for SMEs - Full text call
- FriendCCI Call for SMEs - Annex A - Application Form
- FriendCCI Call for SMEs - Budget Template
- FriendCCI Call for SMEs - Annex B - allowed NACE codes
- FriendCCI Call for SMEs - Annex C - Declaration of Financial Regularity
- FriendCCI Call for SMEs - Draft Grant Agreement
- Friend CCI - Open Call Info Days Summary
- Friend CCI – validated service providers
- Innovation | Twin transformation | Training | Internationalization
- Lump sum
- 13/11/2023 00:00
- 14/01/2024 17:00
- Austria | Belgium | Bulgaria | Croatia | Cyprus | Czech Republic | Denmark | Estonia | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Hungary | Ireland | Italy | Liechtenstein | Latvia | Lithuania | Luxemburg | Malta | Netherlands | Norway | Poland | Portugal | Romania | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | Sweden | Albania | Armenia | Iceland | Moldova | Montenegro | North Macedonia | Serbia | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Turkey | Ukraine
- Mr. Sergio Calò (Project Coordinator)
- +39 3276577356