GEMSTONE: GreenAdopt Call
GEMSTONE Call – GreenAdopt aims to facilitate the adoption of green smart solution by industrial European SMEs. The ambition of the call is to foster the implementation of a new green technology, service, product or business production process in a real operational environment. Proposals will aim at implementing functional solution and demonstrate the green transition of the SMEs.
Up to 15 projects will obtain support up to €40,000 per project.
GEMSTONE aims to mobilise manufacturing companies, in particular innovative SMEs, on the challenges of “Green Manufacturing” by developing a dedicated joint service offer and operational and financial support tools around the 3 pillars “Train, Innovate, Explore” to encourage and empower manufacturing companies in their environmental and digital transition process.
The project aims to define, deepen, and apply a common methodology on issues related to Green Manufacturing in 5 identified industrial sectors: Aeronautics/Defence, Energy, Mobility, Agriculture/Agri-food, Materials. This ambition is driven by the thoughtful association of European clusters with complementary ecosystems both in terms of expertise and priority targets, bringing together organizations and people facilitating innovation.
GEMSTONE strategy is:
- To identify key needs and challenges for manufacturing companies around Green Manufacturing,
- To support manufacturing companies in assessing their needs for new skills related to Green Manufacturing and guide them towards the relevant vocational training offers and providers,
- To provide services and tools to manufacturing companies to create opportunities for international development in terms of business and innovation around Green Manufacturing,
- To provide financial support to innovative SMEs to facilitate emergence of new concrete solutions and sustainable value chains within the areas identified by the project.
Green manufacturing is both a path and an end combining redesigned production processes and environmentally friendly operations covering all stages and all actors of the manufacturing value chains, from design to end of life, and enabling the transition to truly circular business models and the emergence of longer-lived processes, products or equipment in existing and emerging value chains.
Green manufacturing is a global approach to be understood in the multitude of its challenges, objectives and impacts on the use of energy resources, the consumption of raw materials in a finite world context, the reduction of air pollution, water and soil, waste management, the balance of biodiversity…
These multiple aspects, the consideration and evaluation of which are necessary to make any industrial approach greener, imply that the notion of ecosystem is at the heart of heart of green manufacturing reflections by integrating the place of the human, as a citizen and worker, and that of the territory in these reflections.
- C10 - Manufacture of food products | C13 - Manufacture of textiles | C16 - Manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials | C17 - Manufacture of paper and paper products | C22 - Manufacture of rubber and plastic products | C23 - Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products | C24 - Manufacture of basic metals | C25 - Manufacture of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment | C28 - Manufacture of machinery and equipment n.e.c. | C29 - Manufacture of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers | C30 - Manufacture of other transport equipment | C32 - Other manufacturing | C33 - Repair and installation of machinery and equipment
GreenAdopt financial support aims to fund the following type of activities:
- · Validation or/and demonstration of a solution, product, process, service, or technology in a manufacturing environment in collaboration with another SME
- · Implementation of a tested solution, product, process, service, or technology in real environment in collaboration with another SME
Applications must fall under one of the 3 thematic areas identified in section 2.3 of the Guide for Applicants: Circular Design, Optimal Use, Value Recovery. Applicants should clearly mention the area selected in their application.
The ambition is to select 5 applications per thematic area. If it is impossible to do this, the partners will select the applications that have received the best ratings, regardless of the thematic area considered.
The call is open to manufacturing, technology and solution providers SMEs, and in particular industrial equipment and tool providers.
The project must be led by an SME and must be mandatorily multi-partner. Only for-profit SMEs can be directly funded.
Cluster organisations/networks are not eligible.
Mid-caps, Large Group can be considered as partners without funding.
The project targets in priority applicants active in the following 5 industrial sectors:
- · Aeronautics/Defence
- · Energy
- · Mobility
- · Agriculture/Agrifood
- · Materials
However, other manufacturing sectors can be considered.
The total EU funding available for the Call GreenAdopt is €600 000,00.
- Lump sum
- 01/09/2023 00:00
- 03/11/2023 14:00
- Austria | Belgium | Bulgaria | Croatia | Cyprus | Czech Republic | Denmark | Estonia | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Hungary | Ireland | Italy | Latvia | Lithuania | Luxemburg | Malta | Netherlands | Poland | Portugal | Romania | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | Sweden | Albania | Iceland | Montenegro | North Macedonia | Serbia | Turkey | Ukraine
- Loïc Marin
- +33 637038309